Prince accepting his Academy Award for best Original Song Score for "Purple Rain", 1985
The Great Wall of Vagina - Jamie McCartney (x)
Jamie made molds of the vaginas of women between 18 and 76 years. Among others, they include twins and transgender women. Women are often confused about their vagina, because they think it looks different: with this project he demonstrates that vaginas are as different as faces. McCartney hopes that his work will help to stop the increasing growth of labia corrections in recent years.
Girl, an ongoing series
by Lora Mathis
Home-mades, Stanislava Pinchuk
Home-made tattoos for friends & friends of friends, playing with memory, space & geography turned back on the body, all completed as trades.
- Wildflower with galaxy spores: traded for tailoring
- Australian native lilacs & wildflowers: traded for a house-plant & a necklace
- Orion’s belt, drawn from memory: traded for dinner
- L: Twin Branches: traded for a wallet & necklace, R: A map of the NYC high line from memory: traded for the most amazing crystal
- Shield (Constellation): traded for house plants
- Solar Eclipse: traded for dinner
- L: Constellation (Diamond): traded for a drawing, R: Wolf with a city on its back: traded for a drawing
- L: A map within a firework exploding, marking north, Berlin, Vancouver & Melbourne in its rays, brother & sister before parting again: traded for whiskey, R: Twin Branches (Constellation): traded for a drawing
- L: Constellation like mountain: traded for home-cooking, R: Twin Branches: traded for whiskey
- A map of 4 cities between Melbourne (Constellation): traded for a drawing
not usually something I advocate, but these are cute.
Puppy Love (1933)
Diablo Organics Chiapas Amber plugs!
Fight Club - 1999
the condom is the glass slipper of our generation
Continuous baths were one form of hydrotherapy used in mental hospitals beginning in the early 1900s. This was derived from a German spa treatment where people would spend a few hours to even a few days surrounded by flowing water. A canvas covered the top of the tub so a straightjacket wasn’t needed. Sadly this method of treatment was phased out by shock therapy and chemical drug treatments.